Thursday, March 5, 2009

Paradise

On occasion, I indulge in books from the 'young adult' category. Not because I long to relive my childhood, but because some of these books are so darned good. How many of you have enjoyed reading Harry Potter? Or The Chronicles of Narnia?

Paradise by Joan Elizabeth Goodman is historical fiction, based on a true story. Powerful read, a story of passion and endurance. Good enough to keep me engrossed through midnight and miss my long run.
I had to postpone my run to the evening. And I could only manage 11 miles. A slow, but satisfying 11 miles. No tweaks or twinges of pain. I felt like I could easily run another mile and complete the 12-miler that was planned for today.

But I had to head back to attend a conference call on the Sierra House newsletter. It is finally under way; article assignments were made; duties and logistics were discussed. Sounds like a fun project and I am thrilled to be involved. More about it later.

On the food front, head over to Itzy's kitchen asap. Erica is giving away fragrant home-made cinnamon sweet bread to mark her 'blogiversary'! What better way to celebrate a whole year of blogging?

9 comments:

Erica said...

Only 11 miles huh? slacker... ;) haha- I think 11 miles is amazing! Great work. Thanks for the shout out ;)

Marlene said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your 11-miler. Yay for no pain!

Have a great weekend.

Heather said...

Way to get that 11 miles in. I've had to postpone runs because of staying up too late reading too. :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i love how we can preface our distance by "only" LOL great job!

Felice Devine said...

Glad you didn't have any pain on the run. That's terrific!

X-Country2 said...

Pain free is always an accomplishment!

Tammy said...

Yay! for the 11 miles.

lauren said...

great job on the 11 miles! and i definitely enjoy young adult fiction. Harry potter, narnia, twilight series...all of them. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog last week. I was a HUGE fan of Harry Potter books! Really, I'll read just about anything. Glad you got your long run in...hope the foot is OK. :-)