Taper's coming along as planned.
Monday: 5 miles (even at 6 pm, it was blazing hot)
Wednesday: 4 miles
Don't know why...I never do any cross training the week of a 1/2 or full marathon...do you?
Another issue with tapering is, my food consumption does not taper at all....I'm in full-fledged carb-load mode.
Tagged! by Heather at Junk Miles.
8 things I am looking forward to:
- Hiking with friends this spring and summer
- Long Branch half marathon, 3 days from now
- A fall marathon (have not picked one yet)
- Hill training (yes, I am actually looking forward to it. Facing my fears head on, if you will!)
- A vacation in the next couple of months (gosh, I am so useless...I have not even picked a vacation spot. Hawaii will be nice, so will Peru, Brazil, or Madagascar...*sigh* there I go again!)
- A new Garmin (DH can't take the hint, so I am buying myself one this year!)
- Exploring nature in NJ (sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Nature in NJ? Where's that? I assure you...it exists! And I am on a mission to discover and enjoy the forests and nature trails in NJ, wherever they may be)
- Discovering new cuisines (Ken and Alberto from the running club came up with this awesome idea to get a group together and try various restaurants. Being a foodie, I am thrilled with the idea)
8 things I did yesterday:
- Watched American Idol (that Adam Lambert is freakishly talented!)
- Polished off a massive chocolate chip muffin, among other things, at work. Groan! Why don't people stop bringing food to work!
- Other than work, stop-and-go traffic on the way to work and 3 solid meals, there's nothing else worth mentioning. (Didn't realize what a boring life I lead. There go my chances of being roped into a reality show about my life!)
8 things I would like to do:
- Qualify for the Boston Marathon (even if I do it when I'm 80, it will be worth it!)
- An adventure race (if I can build up the courage)
- Travel (too many places to mention)
- Learn to surf, water ski and skydive (man, I have colorful dreams, don't I?)
- A triathlon
- Write a book (well, to be perfectly honest, I'd like to write many books)
- Live on a mountain, by a river or waterfall (my head's full of Narnia!)
- Own a bookstore (I stole this one from you, Heather, but I've wanted to do this since I watched You've got mail)
8 shows I watch (hmm...some of them are old ones...I should stop watching reruns!)
The Office (not too regularly)
2 1/2 men
American Idol (yup...I admit)
Fringe (just started watching)
King of Queens (I shamelessly watch reruns)
Friends (reruns again!)
According to Jim
Now that I've spilled my guts, I'd love to hear random stuff about you too. So, consider yourselves tagged.