Monday, December 1, 2008

New Year resolution

After months of procrastinating, I joined the large mass of people whose New Year resolutions include going to the gym.

It was between LA Fitness and Ricochet, the only 2 gyms within 10 miles of home that have a swimming pool. And LA Fitness won by sheer economics. I plan to start when I return from vacation (in case you missed it the million times I mentioned it, DH & I will be on vacation in India starting next week). So, come January, I will be pumping weights, swimming laps, spinning...and maybe belly dancing? (I never knew gyms offered belly dancing classes!) The yoga classes have got me excited. They have basic yoga and a Yoga beat which combines tai chi and modern dance. Oh, that will be just the perfect workout for flat-footed me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great vacation!!

lauren said...

nice!! I am with you on finally joining back up. will be good to mix up the workouts!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing, indulgent, funfilled vacation!

Heather said...

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

BeachRunner said...

How exciting. Great job, Kavi. You are going to be one super buff, fit and strong chica!

Felice Devine said...

So now I guess everyone will be spinning except me -- or maybe it just seems that way! I would totally go for the belly dancing class but after catching a glimpse of my uncoordinated, no rhythm self in the mirror, would probably have to lope, hang-dog style, out of the room never to return. I'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you, though!

Erica said...

India? How awesome! I hope you have soooo much fun! You must promise to post pictures! Glad you found a gym ;)

I Run for Fun said...

Happy Runner, I am not sure if you can top me...I am the most uncoordinated person I know...my dancing comes off like exercising! This will be interesting.

Thanks...definitely, lots of pics to come.

Cindy said...

hi! nice job on joining the gym. I like trying the funky classes at my gym- and they're "free" so why not. yoga beat sounds very cool.