Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Run for Runaways

The plan of another half-marathon this year has been abandoned; I am just not up to it. The long training followed by the marathon last month felt like an exam. I need a long vacation from long-distance running. For me, that means staying off anything longer than a 15K.

Instead, as DH is becoming more regular with his runs, we have decided to do a 5K together. So, we are registering for the Somerset Home's Run for Runaways 5K. The cause is one I would like to support.

The course is flat and scenic, mostly paved bike trails or park roads.

I am looking forward to it. I enjoy running with DH, though this time, there is a great likelihood that he will whoop my a$$. He's been keeping pace with me on all our runs. And he has the sprinter's finish, which I sorely lack. We will need to alert the family soon so they can start placing bets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation from long distance. Breaks are always good both mentally and physically.