Monday, May 31, 2010

Ramapo Valley Reservation Hike

I know I sound annoyingly repetitive, but blogging has become a luxury I can hardly afford these days.
Here are some pics from our Memorial weekend hike at the Ramapo Valley Reservation. We hiked the Schuber trail (orange blaze) and the Yellow-Silver trail (yellow blaze)...
...a total of 8.5 miles; ending with a beautiful cool swim in MacMillan Reservoir.
Scarlet Oak Pond Stretching before the hike



Reptilian sightings have become common on hikes!
An abandoned cabin
Summit...and the Manhattan skyline...can you see it?

I will try to be a bit more verbose next time! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

Erica said...

Just gorgeous. A little hidden heaven. You make me want to hike more

ajh said...

Beautiful pics and unexpected ending picture!

Scott McMurtrey said...

Wonderful photos.

Irene said...

Beautiful pictures!

Mica said...

What a beautiful hike!

Abby said...

Looks like an awesome hike - I may have to come up there and check it out!

Marlene said...

Looks like a great way to spend the long weekend!

Heather said...

What a beautiful hike!

Aileen said...

Hey...I think that's a good post, so don't get down on yourself! The pictures are beautiful, and I can see the Manhattan skyline, too! Cool :)

Ali said...

I love your pictures

Beth said...

Beautiful pictures! You are not annoying! I love seeing what you are up to and being verbose is sometimes over rated. :)