Monday, May 31, 2010

Ramapo Valley Reservation Hike

I know I sound annoyingly repetitive, but blogging has become a luxury I can hardly afford these days.
Here are some pics from our Memorial weekend hike at the Ramapo Valley Reservation. We hiked the Schuber trail (orange blaze) and the Yellow-Silver trail (yellow blaze)...
...a total of 8.5 miles; ending with a beautiful cool swim in MacMillan Reservoir.
Scarlet Oak Pond Stretching before the hike



Reptilian sightings have become common on hikes!
An abandoned cabin
Summit...and the Manhattan skyline...can you see it?

I will try to be a bit more verbose next time! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

Erica said...

Just gorgeous. A little hidden heaven. You make me want to hike more

ajh said...

Beautiful pics and unexpected ending picture!

Scott Keeps Running said...

Wonderful photos.

Irene said...

Beautiful pictures!

Mica said...

What a beautiful hike!

Abby said...

Looks like an awesome hike - I may have to come up there and check it out!

Marlene said...

Looks like a great way to spend the long weekend!

Heather said...

What a beautiful hike!

Roisin said...

Hey...I think that's a good post, so don't get down on yourself! The pictures are beautiful, and I can see the Manhattan skyline, too! Cool :)

Ali said...

I love your pictures

Beth said...

Beautiful pictures! You are not annoying! I love seeing what you are up to and being verbose is sometimes over rated. :)