Thursday, November 20, 2008

Singapore noodles

We had another quick and easy dish from Healthy One-Dish Meals in Minutes last night.

It is a book worth buying. The recipes will come in handy at times when you feel so brain-dead, you cannot think up ingredients in your head, let alone put them together and transform them into something consumable.

I improvised, as always. So, here's my version:

Cook 3 1/2 ounces of angel hair pasta (or rice-stick noodles) for 3 minutes in a pot of boiling slightly salted water, and drain.
Cook chicken (6 ounces boneless, skinless and cubed), onion (1 medium, chopped), carrot (1 large, chopped), scallions (3, chopped), chicken broth (3 tablespoons) and soy sauce (2 tablespoons) in a pan under medium heat for 5 minutes. In the regular, tastier version, shrimp is generally added.
Stir in curry powder (1 1/2 teaspoons), salt (as needed), pepper (1 teaspoon), water chestnuts (1 can - 8 ounces) and ground ginger (1 teaspoon). Cook for 5 minutes. Add to pasta.

3 comments:

lauren said...

sounds delicious. i should pick that up. When I have no motivation to cook - i tend to go out while doesnt always lead to the healthiest choices.

BeachRunner said...

How are you feeling?

I Run for Fun said...

Beachy, thanks for asking, buddy. I am trying to stick with 30 minutes on the stationary bike, still have the swelling and a bit of tenderness, but it's definitely better than before. I am thinking of have holding myself back from running for a few more days...but I really can't wait to get back! I am running vicariously through you fellow blog friends!