Friday, October 3, 2008

Craving Junk food

I'm working from home today. An hour after lunch finds me frantically scavenging for junk food (I'm sure you know the feeling...that craving between meals, that has nothing to do with hunger and everything to do with poor eating habits or glycemic load or some nonsense like that). So, I'm looking high and low, rummaging through the refrigerator and every single cupboard, hoping to find a tub of icecream or a pound cake or anything that will appease my taste buds and make me feel terrible upon digestion. And I already know the answer...we don't have a scrap of junk food around! Not unless you consider Hunt's snack pack pudding junk food.

I must be going overboard, trying to stay healthy. No, that can't be it. It's just the end of the week and I've managed to shovel everything edible into my huge gaping crater of a stomach this week. And to make matters worse, on my weekly shopping expeditions, I shop like a woman, instead of letting my stomach take over, like a man!

So, I sit at my computer, wincing at the sourness as I swallow spoonfuls of Lemon flavored pudding (why do they make food that tastes so sour???) and eye a pack of stale Spicy Nacho Doritos (that is probably years old) distastefully. Who am I kidding? That pea-sized snack pack will only whet my appetite. Oh, well...stale doritos can't kill me.

I should just let DH do the shopping!

No comments: