Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gotcha!

This evening, I was on a 3-mile run. There was a light drizzle and the air was warm and muggy. I accelerated slightly in the first mile and for the first time after the race, felt no aches and pains at all. Slipping into my rhythm, I felt in a chatty mood. So, I called my brother on my cell phone and as we chatted (yeah, I do these crazy things!), I reached an intersection. I spotted a police car at the light and automatically, a thought crossed my mind...is it legal to use a cell phone while running? I laughed at the thought.

The cop saw me, and a second later, raised his microphone and commanded, "Get off the phone!" I lowered the phone instantly, looking bashful and feeling like an 8-year old caught with her hand in the cookie jar. His face broke into a grin. "Just kidding", he laughed, as he drove away. Very funny, officer!

No comments: